Thursday, February 16, 2006

Tehillim 148: אֵשׁ וּבָרָד שֶׁלֶג וְקִיטוֹר רוּחַ סְעָרָה עֹשָׂה דְבָרוֹ


Tu B'Shvat seemed a bit odd to me this year. It hadn’t really snowed all winter, and then suddenly the heavens dumped 2 feet of it upon us right before Rosh HaShanah La'Ilanos. There was a certain amount of irony in it I felt - but wasnt able to discern what precisely it meant. I played around and found that the Gematria of Sheleg (Snow) is 333, and that Ilan (Tree) is 91... when you subtract 91 from 333 you get 242...The Gematria of Ariel(Lion of HaShem) is 242. Incidentally the holy Ari [Yitzchak Luria] instituted the Tu B'Shvat Seder - vague connections ? Perhaps... but it certainly is striking.

3 comments:

Baruch HaBa said...

It also ended up snowing in the Golan - "Jerusalem children awoke greatly disappointed this morning when they saw no snow on the ground, contrary to what weathermen had promised. In the Golan Heights, though, the snow continues to pile up." - http://arutzsheva.com/news.php3?id=98637

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

hey i think i know that garage! :-P

Brooklyn Habiru said...

Could very well be - I was driving through Boro Park when I took the photograph, however I do not recall what block exactly I was on however...