Monday, May 21, 2007

!כ כה כהנ כהנא מברוקלין


Not that I am the biggest fan of Breslov in particular or Chassidus in general - but here goes...

Rebbe Nachman mentioned a "Song of Redemption" that would be revealed before Moshiach's arrival. This song would be in a "single, double, triple, quadruple" form (Likutei Moharan II, #8). Rabbi Yisroel Odesser proposed one, in his "Letter from Heaven" here I propose another. I chanced upon this letter after a long day of not fasting and am certain that it is not of Divine origin.... it states:

It was very hard for me to descend to you, my precious student, to tell you that I benefited greatly from your service. And to you I say, my fire will burn until the coming of the Messiah -- be strong and courageous in your service -- Ka Kaha Kahan Kahane Me'Brooklyn. And with this I shall tell you a secret: Full and heaped up from line to line, and with strong devotional service you will understand it. And the sign is: They will say you are not fasting on the 17th of Tammuz.

I hereby declare that henceforth "I am Ka Kaha Kahan Kahane Me'Brooklyn!"
___________________________________________________________________



PS: To all those Nachmanis out there - please don't get too offended, I say this all in good jest - I always hear Breslovers saying "mitzvah gedolah l'hiyos b'simcha" and laughter is just another way of achieving that end. I intend no disrespect to the deceased - may their merit save us... I would just like to add though if one day I saw large swaths of the Land plastered with
"כ כה כהנ כהנא מברוקלין" I would be brimming with pride...

1 comment:

Eugene said...

Hi. My name is Eugene Gershin. I'd like to welcome you to Obadiah Shoher's blog, Samson Blinded: A Machiavellian Perspective on the Middle East Conflict.

Obadiah is a pen name of a politician. He writes extremely controversial articles about Israel, the Middle East politics, and terrorism.

Obadiah advocates political rationalism instead of moralizing. He is economic liberal and political conservative.

Google refused advertising our site and Amazon deleted reviews of Obadiah's book. Nevertheless, Obadiah’s is the largest Jewish personal blog, read by more than 100,000 people monthly. 210,000 people from 81 countries downloaded Obadiah’s book. The blog was voted the best overall in People’s Choice: Jewish and Israeli blogs Awards, received Webby Honoree and other awards.

Please help us spread Obadiah's message, and mention the blog in one of your posts, or link to us. We would greatly appreciate your comments at www.samsonblinded.org/blog



Best wishes,

Eugene Gershin

Jewrusalem.net – Israeli Uncensored News