Friday, May 04, 2007

Regret


וְהִתְוַדּוּ, אֶת-חַטָּאתָם אֲשֶׁר עָשׂוּ

"then they shall confess their sin which they have done"

____________________________________________________________________


I am but a fool unsure of himself

I am the pauper and she is the wealth

Shall I plunder and make her my eternal treasure

Or remain a poor man by any standard or measure

She spoke of blooming flowers whilst I was in the shower

Proclaiming that alls doomed and ever more soured

Redemption however lays upon my lips

Repenting of all the stolen sips

She presumes to know when and if I feel pain

But she surely she must know that I’m struggling to stay sane

My love for her is deep and profound

She is the heavens and I am the ground

I’ve sinned I’ve transgressed I’ve committed iniquity

Yet I know I can return to the Garden ever so blissfully

If only entrance will be granted I swear

Strengthened we’d be from all this despair

6 comments:

Ben-Yehudah said...

B"H Not sure how else to contact you... Nice blog, and particularly nice images and design!

Ben-Yehudah said...

B"H I'm not sure why whack jobs like him and Michael Lerner are referred to as "rabbis." Language is powerful. Let's not encourage them. Let's reveal the truth, by referring to them by their first names, or if we must, then by "Mr....."

Some people have the idea that a certificate of any kind means they're entitled to the respect of a title.

"Theological movements" are not the issue here. I don't refer to certain frum/orthodox/datti "rabbis" as rabbis either,...not if they're whack jobs.

Brooklyn Habiru said...

I largely concur that Mr. Michael Lerner is not a Rabbi, his ordination having been derived from something called a "Jewish Renewal beth din", whatever that means.

However not affording someone the title of Rabbi on the basis that they are a "whack job" seems too subjective to me. I think the only authentic basis under which we can differentiate those that are vs. those that are not is exclusively on the basis of their possession of Orthodox semichah, despite whether we agree with hypothetical Orthodox whack-job Rabbi X or not. Unless perhaps you have another alternative suggestion in mind?

Brooklyn Habiru said...

Thanks for the compliment by the way - I dig your blog too!

Ben-Yehudah said...

B"H My apologies. I was commenting on a post on another blog specifically related to those individuals. My mistake. :-S

Brooklyn Habiru said...

No worries!