Sunday, July 15, 2007

Replication


I’ve officially been tagged by the Good Samaritan (literally), Ben-Yehudah of Esser Agaroth. Though normally I would refrain from engaging in this sort of activity, I figured it would be rude of me to ignore the call so here goes.

The rules:

Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

- I’ve been in love with fishing (though I do wonder if it qualifies as Tzaar Baalei Chaim, especially if it is just ‘catch and release’) since I was a toddler.

- My Dad and his brothers were all members of the JDL’s infamous ‘Chaya Squad’.

- If I were not extremely attached to Eretz HaTzvi then I’d choose to live in New Zealand.

- I was a vegetarian for about a year.

- I appreciate ‘urban art’ (aka graffiti) but have become perturbed as of late regarding the ethical aspect of it.

- I was born at the Miamonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, and the RaMBaM is one of my all-time philosophical heroes.

- I own some relatively old coins and as such confer upon myself the pretentious title of “amateur numismatist”.

- My favorite roller coaster of all time is ‘The Cyclone’.

Unfortunately, I do not always have much time to peruse the J-Blogosphere, though here are some bloggers that I have found to be of interest:

Elchonon, Mad Zionist, David Guttman, ManuscriptBoy, RebelJew, ReJewvanator, Beis Runner, and Ben Bayit.

To any of the bloggers who feel me having tagged them was very random, my apologies. Additionally please forgive me if you’ve already been tagged, and I have not realized it. Please do not feel burdened to continue with this meme.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hie "Jew Man from Brooklyn":

Your site is difficult to navigate. Humble suggestion: Make it easier, so you'll get more hits. Write an article that elicits a response. I am not sure how to participate. Also, I feel like i need a flashlight. :-) However, I like your themes. I found coinage for Malkuth Yehudah if you are ever interested: http://www.chayas.com/malkjudnew.jpg http://www.chayas.com/malkjudnew-ethrog.jpg

Hodesh tov

Warmest.
Al

Brooklyn Habiru said...

Thank you for the kind suggestions... I am not on a first name basis with most of the bloggers I tagged, so if you could just remind me - which one is yours? Chodesh Tov!, may we merit soon that what is said of Adar will be said of Menachem Av.

Bar Kochba said...

You have an interesting blog. Visit mine and I'll link to you if you link to me.

Ben-Yehudah said...

B"H Well, you didn't HAVE to play, but I'm glad you did. It's for bloggers to get to know each other, and for their readers to get to know us too. Now, I can say, "Hmm...fishing,...vegetarian,... I was unaware of that." (Mike Myers in "Wayne's World") ;-)

Mad Zionist said...

Thanks for the tag...I'll be sure to start making this site one of my regular visits.

Brooklyn Habiru said...

BK,
Sure thing... at some point in the near future I'll be setting up a blogroll, I'll be sure to include you.

BY,
One word... "excellent"

MZ,
Thanks for playing along!